As of 2020, approximately 1.32 million people had lost their lives in traffic accidents worldwide. Considering the number of fatalities, it’s crucial to have a bike insurance policy in place to provide the necessary financial security in the event of an accident. In order to receive more comprehensive protection, policyholders can pay a marginally higher premium and tack on supplementary coverages to their basic bike insurance online.
A Two-wheeler Insurance Add-on Covers What?
Two-wheeler insurance add-ons are available with comprehensive and standalone own-damage plans. Bike insurance add-ons cost extra, but they significantly increase coverage. Two-wheeler insurance add-ons boost coverage like icing on the cake. Two-wheeler insurance plans might include several bike add-on covers. Passenger assistance, zero depreciation, etc. *
Bike insurance add-ons:
Two-wheeler insurers offer different add-ons. General insurance companies provide these two-wheeler insurance add-ons:
- No Depreciation Cover
Time depreciates. Two-wheeler owners are responsible for depreciation. Zero depreciation covers alleviate the stress of car depreciation so you can claim more. Most insurers limit policyholders to two zero depreciation claims, although many companies allow limitless claims. *
- Two-wheeler Consumables Add-On Cover
This covers bike consumables such as grease, lubricants clip, bearings, fuel filter, oil filter, brake oil, nut and bolt, screw, etc., which are not covered in a regular own-damage policy. *
- Roadside Assistance
Roadside help in bike insurance gives the most needed support if your two-wheeler breaks down on a road or highway. When you claim bike insurance, this add-on covers flat tyres, fuel delivery, towing, battery depletion, basic on-site repairs, and more. *
- Key Replacement
This two-wheeler insurance add-ons cover significant losses. A spare key is also provided quickly. *
- Passenger Assistance
Passenger Cover add-on protects the pillion rider, unlike conventional health insurance coverage. It compensates the co-passenger if the pillion rider is injured or passes away.
- Engine Cover
Engine Protection cover protects the policyholder from engine damage and repair costs. This add-on cover is essential for flood-prone areas. *
- Personal Property Loss
If the policyholder loses money, this add-on can help.
- Return Invoice
Return Invoice covers the full invoice price if the insured car is stolen or totalled.
- Daily Limit
When the two-wheeler is misplaced or in the shop, this add-on gives the policyholder a daily allowance.
- NCB safety
This add-on protects the No Claim Bonus even if the policyholder makes a claim. In the first two allegations, NCB is unaffected. *
- Tyre Damage Cover
Two-wheeler insurance’s Tyre Protection Add-On covers punctures, bursting, in-tyre bulges, accident-related cuts, and more. *
Two-wheeler insurance add-on features include:
- Roadside Assistance: If a vehicle breaks down, one can readily get roadside assistance. This add-on protection on your bike insurance online covers emergency roadside help, including toeing, petrol, flat tyre cover, on-site repair, and more.
- Safeguards Bike depreciation: Normal wear and tear will lower your bike’s worth; this phenomenon is also known as depreciation. Depreciation is not covered by insurance; thus, you must pay the remaining repair costs. A zero depreciation add-on cover can eliminate depreciation costs. *
- NCB Concession: Policyholders who file claims during the insurance plan duration may forfeit their NCB concession. No claims during the prior insurance plan tenure earn this concession. If you suspect you’ll make a claim, you can buy this add-on to keep your NCB. *
- Covers Passing Away and Disability: A Personal Accident add-on insurance covers passing away and disability up to Rs. 15 Lakhs for the insured two-wheeler owner-driver. Law requires this add-on. You can also buy a passenger PA cover to safeguard your family in an accident.
- Engine Accessories and Protection Consumables: A simple, comprehensive bike insurance policy does not cover the engine or consumables like gearbox oil, screw, lubricants, engine oil, etc. Engine protection and accessory add-on covers take care of repairs or replacements. *
So, the next time you buy bike insurance, check online and opt for the add-ons you need.
* Standard T&C Apply
‘Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.‘
Subscribe to Bajaj Allianz General Insurance YouTube Channel here!